Absinthe Bourgeois Black Cat
This whimsical and charming bottlecap necklace features an image of an absinthe loving black cat from a vintage absinthe poster that I have collaged and revamped.
- The miniature photograph is protected by a durable, archival and flawless resin that safeguards the image from water damage and fading. Rendering the pendant completely waterproof even if submerged in water.
- The back of the bottle caps are specially printed with a beautiful ornamental design.
- The inside of the bottle caps are decorated with gems and glitter.
- Packaged with care in a lovely gift box.
- Pendant comes with a 24 inch nickel plated silver bead chain that you can easily cut to your desired length.
- Dimensions: Bottle caps are 1 and 3/16 inch diameter. Made from unused caps with the edges still flared so that they are not sharp.
- Made in Colorado, USA.
There is something about a great poster, well several things really that occasionally elevate "just a poster" to something approaching really great art! We love the long history that posters have in popular and populist culture, both above ground and below ground. Early 20th century poster art has some really great examples.
Tiffini has collaged, combined and composed dozens of pieces in various mediums from damaged and discarded vintage and antique books and extraordinary old Absinthe postcards. There's just something romantic about absinthe — that naturally green liquor derived from wormwood and herbs like anise or fennel. Absinthe was a drink of aesthetes and its lore is full of charm and history.