Absinthe Moulin Fairy Wine Stopper
This winestopper features an image from a collage of mine of a girl from a wonderful vintage absinthe poster set against a vintage poster with embossed flowers and an old French stamp. Red or white, day or night these wine stoppers are fantastic for keeping wine from spilling and preventing oxygen from getting to and spoling wine, oils and vinegar's. They also make smashing host and hostess gifts.
- Solid Stainless steel bottle stopper will not pit from the acids in red wine or vinegar. Safe for long term storage.
- Stopper has a distinctive ribbed rubber neck for a sure but gentle seal.
- Tartx wine stoppers come complete with a merlot colored satin pouch for safe keeping.
- Image is printed with archival inks and materials and is protected by a clear, durable, flawless and archival resin.
- Dimensions approx: 1.25 inches by 4 inches; Image is approx. 1 inch.
There is something about a great poster, well several things really that occasionally elevate "just a poster" to something approaching really great art! We love the long history that posters have in popular and populist culture, both above ground and below ground. Early 20th century poster art has some really great examples.
Tiffini has collaged, combined and composed dozens of pieces in various mediums from damaged and discarded vintage and antique books and extraordinary old Absinthe postcards. There's just something romantic about absinthe — that naturally green liquor derived from wormwood and herbs like anise or fennel. Absinthe was a drink of aesthetes and its lore is full of charm and history.