Absinthe Green Fairy
This beautiful, unique and collectible pendant features a collage of mine of a mischievous Absinthe fairy. The nickname given to absinthe, La Fee Verte (The Green Fairy), comes from the “love affair” many drinkers had with absinthe, granting the drink the status of a muse.
The main inspiration of my collage was the painting "The Green Muse' by Albert Maignan circa 1895.
- Printed with archival inks and materials. Image is protected by a clear, waterproof, flawless and archival resin.
- Each sterling silver pendant comes complete with a 16" sterling silver oval cable chain.
- Packaged in a lovely gift box.
- Dimensions: Mini Oval Pendant is 18mm x 13mm (approx. 11/16 inch x 1/2 inch). Mini Round Pendant is 20mm (approx. a smidgen larger than 3/4 inch).
- Made in Colorado, USA. Made in Colorado, USA.
There is something about a great poster, well several things really that occasionally elevate "just a poster" to something approaching really great art! We love the long history that posters have in popular and populist culture, both above ground and below ground. Early 20th century poster art has some really great examples.
Tiffini has collaged, combined and composed dozens of pieces in various mediums from damaged and discarded vintage and antique books and extraordinary old Absinthe postcards. There's just something romantic about absinthe — that naturally green liquor derived from wormwood and herbs like anise or fennel. Absinthe was a drink of aesthetes and its lore is full of charm and history.