Comedy Tragedy Theatre Masks Scarf
- 100% sheer jersey cotton, super soft and stretchy unisex scarf.
- This scarf has raw unfinished edges.
- Pre-shrunk and laundered. 100% cotton sheer jersey is combed for softness and comfort.
- Color: Baby Blue, Light Pink, White, Red, Medieval Grey, Tri-Blend Coffee or Olive Green with black ink.
- All colors are 100% cotton except for tri-blend coffee which is a mixture of (50% Poly /25% Cotton / 25% Rayon).
- Dimensions: 93" x 16" (236cm x 41cm)
- Screen Printed meticulously with care by hand in Colorado, USA.
There is some discrepancy regarding the "origins" of the original comedy/tragedy masks in the incarnation we have on Tartx. Sometimes known as Janus Masks or Theater Masks. However, there is no debate as to the fact that masks have been donning the theatre for at least 2500 years. Some believe they are an homage to the Muses Melpomene and Thalia. Others believe the mask pays homage to Dionysus, the god of carnivals and masquerades allowing us to "free ourselves from secret desires and buried regrets". They now stand as a great universal symbol for drama and the theatre.