Catherine of Aragon Scarf
This all-purpose, comfortable Sheer Jersey cotton scarf features on one end a design and drawing of mine of Catherine of Aragon.
- 100% sheer jersey cotton, super soft and stretchy unisex scarf.
- This scarf has raw unfinished edges.
- Pre-shrunk and laundered.
- 100% cotton sheer jersey is combed for softness and comfort.
- Color: Baby Blue, White, Medieval Grey, Light Pink, Olive Green and Red color with black ink.
- Dimensions: 93" x 16" (236cm x 41cm)
- Screen Printed meticulously with care by hand in Colorado, USA.
What to say of all this Tudor business? A real live Shakespearean Soap Opera if there ever was one. And there were. As with so many of the subjects I end up building my pieces around, my interest in the Tudor history began with books. Oftentimes I listen to audiobooks while I work on the pieces themselves, finding inspiration to create something completely original or re-imagining centuries old pieces. As with so many great stories of dynasties, the stories about the Tudors are oftentimes most interesting when they are most personal. All of the individuals in this enormous and oftentimes confounding family tree had and led such interesting lives (some of them dramatically shortened), that I have enjoyed paying a kind of tribute to their stories.
One of the symbolic meanings of the pomegranate is "fertility and nourishment of the soul". It was also featured on Catherine's badge.