Mermaid La Luxure Organic Cotton Large Market Tote Bag
This stylish and sturdy hand sewn tote features a design of mine from my Salt in the Air series titled "Mermaid La Luxure". I imagine her as a very thoughtful and peaceful mermaid.
This is a serious Go-to bag. We took a long time, experimented with several fabrics, and even more designs. We played with zippers, and pockets. This bag is a culmination of some serious, thoughtful consideration as to what makes a really great bag; useful for all kinds of occasions. It's very sturdy,100% Organic Cotton, it's meticulously screen printed with waterbased ink (no hand, better for the environment!) by hand in Colorado, very attractive 1 of a kind design, it's washable, it has a zippered pouch built into the inside, it's handsewn in the USA, it has a Gusseted bottom. I'm probably forgetting something but basically it looks as good as it performs.
- 100% Organic Cotton. Open main compartment with a zipper panel top.
- Handsewn tucked 27" handle length fabric straps making it easy to carry it on your shoulder.
- Zipper closure pouch 9x9" inside the tote.
- Gusseted 7" bottom will help the tote sit nicely flat when filled.
- Separate by color, machine wash cold, line dry. Iron if necessary.
- Color: Oyster (kind of light cream) with black ink.
- Dimensions: 18"W x 17"H x 7"G
- Screen Printed meticulously with care by hand in Colorado, USA.
Usually, I like to follow my natural instincts when it comes to making art. For a couple of years though I was involved with a group who had "quick fire" challenges for artists, where you had 12 hours to complete a piece of art based around a general theme. This mermaid design is what I created during one of those studies. It is a piece that has resonated and grown with us over the years mostly, I believe because of it's very tranquil quality. The reverse side features a ship traversing rough seas.