Edgar Allen Poe Flour Sack Towel
Authors & Companions
$18.00 SALE! $14.00
We are preparing to add fine linen tea towels to the store in the next few weeks. These towels are in the TIMT because they are being replaced with those.
This large flour sack towel features on one end a design of mine based on a vintage engraving of Edgar Allan Poe and on the other end his quote "All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream" with Poe's signature and mild adornment.
- Soft, absorbent and superb quality, 100% hand-woven Cotton flour sack towels which are hemmed on all four sides.
- Lint-free and absorbent, these floursack towels are excellent for covering rising bread doughs, drying pots and pans, shining glassware and flatware, dusting and cleaning.
- A perfect and stylish all purpose working towel for the kitchen and throughout the home.
- Dimensions: measures approx. 24" x 36".
- These towels have not been pre-washed and will shrink an inch or so after the first washing. Once washed they have a thicker feel to them and are soft and very thirsty.
- Tartx flour sack towels continue to increase in absorbency and becomes softer with use.
- They will also maintain their color integrity wash after wash.
- Towel Color - Royal Purple.
- Machine wash cold or warm, machine or line dry and iron when needed.
- Meticulously screen printed with love by hand using non toxic, eco-friendly water based textile inks that are soft to the touch and food safe.
- Waterbased inks are not only better for the environment and for our health but they also get softer with every wash.
- Waterbased inks are also safe to iron and will not crack over time. Made in Colorado, USA.
We love Poe's poetry. It's amazing to read his poetry in anthologies of poetry from his time. You feel like you could be reading poems from writers a century apart from each other. His poetry always feels modern. He creates such visceral feelings through his stories. This piece was part of a series of collages I did a few years ago and had elements handcut from 3 or 4 different discarded and damaged books. It is a piece that has grown on us over time. The raven never left Poe so it is fitting that it sits here on his shoulder forevermore!