Absinthe Green Fairy Cameo Style Ring
This elegant and collectible hand cast cameo style ring features a collage of mine of a mischievous Absinthe fairy. The nickname given to absinthe, La Fee Verte (The Green Fairy), comes from the “love affair” many drinkers had with absinthe, granting the drink the status of a muse.
The main inspiration of my collage was the painting "The Green Muse' by Albert Maignan circa 1895.
- Set in an oval shaped ring cast in .925 solid sterling silver, antiqued bronze or antiqued white bronze.
- Bronze and Brass do sometimes react to some peoples skin leaving a green or grey color. A sterling silver or solid gold item may be a better choice for you if you think that your skin might react adversely to those metals.
- Reproduced from the original collage or design and printed with archival pigment inks and materials.
- Image is protected and encased in a clear, waterproof, flawless and archival resin.
- For more pictures of the rings in different metals see the custom ring link.
- Packaged with care in a lovely velvety gift box.
- Image size: 18 x 13 mm (Approx. 11/16" x 1/2").
- Handmade in Colorado, USA.
- If you need help determining your ring size, download our ring sizing guide.
There is something about a great poster, well several things really that occasionally elevate "just a poster" to something approaching really great art! We love the long history that posters have in popular and populist culture, both above ground and below ground. Early 20th century poster art has some really great examples.
Tiffini has collaged, combined and composed dozens of pieces in various mediums from damaged and discarded vintage and antique books and extraordinary old Absinthe postcards. There's just something romantic about absinthe — that naturally green liquor derived from wormwood and herbs like anise or fennel. Absinthe was a drink of aesthetes and is lore is full of charm and history.