Anne Boleyn Tea Towel
Anne Boleyn features on the front a design of mine based on a vintage engraving of Anne Boleyn, on the back is her signature and the Tudor rose.
- Superb quality, 100% linen decorative tea towels.
- This is an absolutely lovely delicate towel that is a "decorative" linen towel. For more of a good all purpose towel see our flour sack towel as that is a great heavy duty kitchen towel.
- Hemmed on all four sides with a dual hemstitched border at the top which is decorated with an embroidered floral vine design.
- Damask Tag looped for hanging.
- Dimensions: measures approx. 14" x 22".
- Machine wash cold, line dry and iron when needed.
- Hand screen printed using non toxic, eco-friendly water based textile inks that are soft to the touch and food safe.
- Screen Printed meticulously with love by hand in Colorado, USA.
What to say of all this Tudor business? A real live Shakespearean Soap Opera if there ever was one. And there were. As with so many of the subjects I end up building my pieces around, my interest in the Tudor history began with books. Oftentimes I listen to audiobooks while I work on the pieces themselves, finding inspiration to create something completely original or re-imagining centuries old pieces. As with so many great stories of dynasties, the stories about the Tudors are oftentimes most interesting when they are most personal.
All of the individuals in this enormous and oftentimes confounding family tree had and led such interesting lives (some of them dramatically shortened), that I have enjoyed paying a kind of tribute to their stories.