Frida Viva La Vita Organic Cotton Large Market Tote Bag
This fabulous hand sewn tote features a drawing and design of mine of Frida with the saying Viva La Vida meaning Long Live Life in Spanish. It is inspired by an inscription she added a few days before her death to a still life of watermelons "Viva la Vida - Coyoacán 1954 Mexico".
This is a serious Go-to bag. We took a long time, experimented with several fabrics, and even more designs. We played with zippers, and pockets. This bag is a culmination of some serious, thoughtful consideration as to what makes a really great bag; useful for all kinds of occasions. It's very sturdy,100% Organic Cotton, it's meticulously screen printed with waterbased ink (no hand, better for the environment!) by hand in Colorado, very attractive 1 of a kind design, it's washable, it has a zippered pouch built into the inside, it's handsewn in the USA, it has a Gusseted bottom. I'm probably forgetting something but basically it looks as good as it performs.
- 100% Organic Cotton.
- Open main compartment with a zipper panel top.
- Handsewn tucked 27" handle length fabric straps making it easy to carry it on your shoulder.
- Zipper closure pouch 9x9" inside the tote.
- Gusseted 7" bottom will help the tote sit nicely flat when filled.
- Separate by color, machine wash cold, line dry. Iron if necessary.
- Color: Oyster (kind of light cream) with black ink.
- Dimensions: 18"W x 17"H x 7"G
- Screen Printed meticulously with care by hand in Colorado, USA.
Every one of Frida's self portraits have such a powerful presence. She carries a seriousness and gravitas in her expression and eyes that draws you in and makes you want to know more about her and her story. Her striking portraits and the rich art and beautiful heritage of Mexico have inspired me to assemble several Frida inspired pieces over the years.