Memento Mori L'amour De Pierrot Cameo Style Ring
This elegant and collectible hand cast cameo style ring features an image from a collage of mine of a vintage french postcard A Pierrots Love (L'Amour de Pierrot) mixed with decorative papers and the words Memento Mori (remember we all shall die).
- Set in an oval shaped ring cast in .925 solid sterling silver, antiqued bronze or antiqued white bronze.
- Bronze and Brass do sometimes react to some peoples skin leaving a green or grey color. A sterling silver or solid gold item may be a better choice for you if you think that your skin might react adversely to those metals.
- Reproduced from the original collage or design and printed with archival pigment inks and materials.
- Image is protected and encased in a clear, waterproof, flawless and archival resin.
- For more pictures of the rings in different metals see the custom ring link.
- Packaged with care in a lovely velvety gift box.
- Image size: 18 x 13 mm (Approx. 11/16" x 1/2").
- Handmade in Colorado, USA.
Skulls have played a part in ritual and art since ritual and art began. Paleolithic Cave Drawings and burial sites, Hamlet, Memento Mori, tragedy. There is also quite a collection of skulls with hidden and not so hidden images drawn or painted into them. I really like this one with it's jester earnestly pleading for the love of the woman in front of him. This is one of those pieces done by the ever confounding Anonymous, 1905. I have added "Memento Mori" to the piece to add perspective and hopefully a bit of levity.